*Subscribe to My Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe2244teD44T25EXhCAWJng?sub_confirmation=1
1. Sales – You will require the confidence necessary to close the deal and collect an initial website design deposit. Previous website design portfolio, communication and experience are all very important when attempting to make a sale.
2. Statement of Work (SOW) – The ability to create and stand behind those words on a paper. This will help a new client know exactly what you will be responsible for as a website developer.
3. Contract & Homework List – Please don’t skip this step! A contract is always required.
4. Ask the Difficult Questions – You cannot be afraid to approach your client for examples or for greater details on any questions you may have.
5. Understanding your Clients Objective
6. Communication Skills – You must contact your clients regularly in a pleasant manner. Remember most of your clients will have zero experience with building a website, and you need to ensure that this process will be seamless.
7. Leadership – Always remain the authority.
8. Stay Organized – We use a dropbox system, so that the client can upload all content into one location. This saves hours, days, weeks and months of time trying to sort through old emails for content and passwords.
9. Understanding User Experience aka UX Design
10. Have a Special Friend on Speed Dial – never hesitate to call on a mentor, or a more experienced web developer to request assistance with certain elements of a new website build.